HELP FEED YOUR COMMUNITY!
The Indiana State Fair has partnered with the Indiana Association of Fairs (INAF) and Feeding Indiana’s Hungry (FIsH) to implement a FAIRs Care County Food Drive. The goal of FAIRs Care is to raise awareness of local hunger needs and help feed Hoosiers impacted by hunger needs. FAIRs Care taps the passion and ingenuity of county fairs to ensure impact is felt statewide.
WHAT OTHER COUNTY FAIRS ARE DOING:
- Asking the local food bank to park a branded truck at the Fairgrounds entrance gate for an easier donation process
- Auctioning off autographed swag by musical artists to raise money towards their FAIRs Care collection
- Organizing a Guinness World Records type contest to collect more food and money in one day than any other County Fair
- Develop and implement a food drive during your 2020 County Fair
- Engage a local food bank to help organize the food drive and to ensure donation are utilized locally
- Complete the FAIRs Care application on or before May 22, 2020. Approved county fairs will receive an allotment of Indiana State Fair tickets to help incentivize donations. Tickets are valued at $13 each.
- The only approved use of these tickets are in exchange for food or monetary donations to your food drive.
- Upon the successful completion of the food drive and submission of a final report by July 31, 2020, the participating county fairs will be entered to win $200 to be put toward a future hunger initiative or donated back to the local food pantry!